Friday, May 29, 2015

MOZAMBIQUE - Bazaruto Archipelago

My first written and stamp card from Mozambique, country #142.  Thank you a million Carlos.

I was lucky enough to get this card as the address was miswritten but somehow the card still get in my mailbox.  I think the postman have known my name very well. :)


"The Bazaruto Archipelago is a group of five islands in Mozambique, near the mainland city of Vilankulo. It comprises the islands of Bazaruto, Benguerra, Magaruque, Banque, Santa Carolina (also known as Paradise Island) and Shell. Nyati Island locates in further south.

The group belongs to the Vilankulo and Inhassoro districts of Inhambane Province. The islands were formed from sand deposited by the Save River, which has since shifted its course."


No comments:

Post a Comment