Thursday, June 25, 2015

TANZANIA - Children with a catch of rays, Uroa Bay, Zanzibar

Amazing cards arrived in my mailbox today, happy day!.  The first card is from Tanzania and this would be my first written and stamps card from the country. I have had one from Zanzibar but it was a blank card so I am happy to get this.

.

Just have to share what Abir wrote on her card.

"When you visit Zanzibar, it is impossible to miss all the fishing boats, fishermen nets and rods sailing into the ocean and fresh coconut water.  The children perform acrobats afterschool by the ocean outlining the Island.  As I walk through stone town, I am welcomed by its magical jumble of cobbled alleyways.  A beautiful historical town filled  by the aroma of street vendors, burning incense and the sound of the call to prayer roaming the streets.  Zanzibar's rich cultural melange come to life: Arabic-style houses with their recessed inner courtyards rub shoulders with Indian-influenced buildings boasting omate balconies and latticework and bustling oriental bazaars alternate with street-side vending stalls."

Thanks a lot Abir for the awesome card and great information!


No comments:

Post a Comment