Friday, October 16, 2015

DOMINICA - Scenes of Dominica

Yayy...I just love it to watch my collection grow and grow, feels so excited when I get a card from a country I hadn't before. Isn't this card absolutely stunning? Thank you so much to Vickie for my first Dominica card, island country #153 to my collection.


"Dominica, officially the Commonwealth of Dominica, is an island country in the Lesser Antilles region of the Caribbean Sea, south-southeast of Guadeloupe and northwest of Martinique. Its area is 750 square kilometres and the highest point is Morne Diablotins, at 1,447 metres elevation. The population was 72,301 at the 2014 census. The capital is Roseau, located on the leeward side of the island.

The island was discovered by the Spanish, but colonized predominately by the French. Great Britain took it over in 1763 after the Seven Years' War and gradually established English as the official language. The island republic gained independence in 1978."

No comments:

Post a Comment