Tuesday, January 19, 2016

LIECHTENSTEIN - Vaduz

I am happy to received my third card from Liechtenstein. Thank you so much to Sava, my travelling friend. How I wish I could travel as frequent as him!


"Vaduz  is the capital of Liechtenstein and also the seat of the national parliament. The town, which is located along the Rhine River, has about 5,100 residents as of 2009, most of whom belong to the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Vaduz is seated in Vaduz Cathedral.

The most prominent landmark of Vaduz is Vaduz Castle, the home of the reigning prince of Liechtenstein and the Liechtenstein princely family. The castle is visible from almost any location in Vaduz, being perched atop a steep hill in the middle of the city. The Cathedral of St. Florin, Government House and City Hall are also well-known landmarks, displaying the various styles and periods of architecture that the city is known for. "

No comments:

Post a Comment